Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Is An Associate Dentist Paying Electrical Bills Typical?

I have been an associate for over 3 years, happy where I am- we have a good relationship. Business wise, I receive 40% collections and the lab fees are split 50/50. Recently, the owner dentist has been taking half of the electric bill out of my paycheck (stating that the bill is high (about 320/per month)). Also, the half of the monthly bill for nitrous and oxygen tanks have been getting taken out of my paycheck.

Now, I am just curious- is this common? It seems unfair to me, just wanted to know if anyone else does this.

Thanks for input.


It’s pretty simple, what is allowed to be deducted under your employment agreement?

To answer the question, no, these are not typical deductions to associates compensation.

This post first appeared on DentalTown.

Send your questions to Tim Lott, CPA, CVA at tlott@dentalcpas.com

For more information or to sign up for our newsletter, please contact arose@dentalcpas.com
Follow us on TwitterFacebook and Pinterest

No comments: