Friday, July 31, 2009

How to Figure out Dental Office Profit with Multiple Associates

My brain is fried, I think I can do this with setting up examples, but wondering if there is a standard number for this? If my overhead is roughly 65%, I'm going to take 35% as a solo practitioner. If I have two associates, with same overhead, I want to figure average profit. They get 30% each, working half the time at two offices. I'm guessing that 35% figure is going to drop to 20-25%.

Thanks

Why not set up a simple spreadsheet and plug the numbers...maybe something like this:

I assumed lab\supplies\assnt labor at 25% and additional fixed OH of 10% and if you pay them 30% then the additional expense for you is 65%, you make 35%......

This first appeared on Dentaltown.

Send your questions to Tim Lott, CPA, CVA at tlott@dentalcpas.com

For more information or to sign up for our newsletter, please contact arose@dentalcpas.com
Follow us on TwitterFacebook and Pinterest

No comments: